For over 86 years, we have been removing cigarette and smoke odors from new, antique, and semi-antique Oriental rugs. We use a long-established hand washing technique that has successfully cleaned and removed smoke odor from thousands of Oriental and fine area rugs across Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Diego Counties. For strong cigarette and smoke odors, we submerge your rug in a decontamination bath using appropriate treatments, which is crucial to preserving all-natural fibers, such as cotton, qum, silk, and wool. We follow with a thorough rinsing and dry your rug in a controlled-atmosphere room. Then, we detail your rug to remove any foreign matter and perform additional repairs or restorations as needed (usually to correct fire damage or cigarette burns). If quality is important to you, then choose Oriental Rug Specialists for all your smoke and cigarette odor removal needs. Our prices are always fair and we’ll pick up and deliver your rugs at no extra fee. Call today and receive a free estimate.
About Our Oriental Rug Cleaning Process:
- Complimentary Inspection & Estimate: We offer free estimates over the phone or at your home or business in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, or San Diego. We’ll assess your Oriental rug for stains and damage, and provide you with a fair and accurate estimate. Upon your written approval, your rug will be tagged for safe-keeping and brought to our warehouse for proper cleaning.
- Pre-Cleaning: Also known as “dry particulate soil evacuation,” our pre-cleaning process uses compressed air to safely remove any loose dirt, grit, or sand.
- Decontamination Bath: We use a special decontamination treatment to protect the natural fibers in your Oriental rug. Decontamination baths are necessary to neutralize odors and contamination caused by urine, insect infestations, mold, mildew, and smoke.
- Hand Washing: For a thorough cleaning, we submerge your Oriental rug in a “Jacuzzi” bath, aided by compressed air for a gentle agitation, and hand-wash it according to our family’s long-established method.
- Rinsing: We completely rinse away all soils and cleaning agents until the rinse water achieves a clean and clear state.
- Drying: Using a controlled atmosphere drying room, we will safely and thoroughly dry your Oriental rug.
- Final Detailing: Your Oriental rug will undergo a final inspection and receive final spotting treatments to remove any foreign matter. This is always done with consideration for the integrity of your rug’s fibers and dyes.
- Repairs and Restoration (for an additional fee): At Oriental Rug Specialists, we also offer the industry’s finest Oriental rug repair and restoration services. Once your Oriental rug is properly cleaned, our highly trained and experienced master weavers can repair and restore your Oriental rug in a manner consistent with how it was originally made until it achieves a like-new condition and appearance. Click here to learn more about our Oriental rug repair and restoration services.
- Safeguarding & Preventative ULTI-MAT Underlayments (for an additional fee): Our team is also skilled in protecting Oriental rugs from future damage and premature deterioration. We offer curling prevention, double wrapping, rubber stripping, rug softening, moth proofing, and more. We also offer the Ulti-Mat, an area rug pad that protects both your rug and your hardwood or carpet floor. It also keeps your rug from moving or slipping across your floor. Call us today to learn more and to obtain a free price quote.